Saturday 5 July 2014

Tranquil Wilderness



“I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious." Albert Einstein.



Tranquil Wilderness?

Both of these words mean an awful lot to me. Tranquil is so peaceful, quiet and serene. Wilderness, well wilderness is the place where I can go to get away from everything, a place to enjoy the tranquility that many of us so desperately want and need. To be honest, I would love to be out there while writing this blog post, rather than in front of a computer screen.

Coconut Palm tree - Tropical North Queensland Australia


There are many types of wilderness, and I love them all. There are the deserts with their wild silent beauty. Tropical rainforests with their rich impenetrable vegetation dripping with life. Mountains, high and majestic, offering pristine views only climbers can truly appreciate. Polar icecaps, dramatic with their rugged desolate landscape. Oceans teeming with life and beauty.


The Australian outback - Central Australia

I just love the quote above of Einstein's. I absolutely relate to it. At a very young age I was passionately curious about everything around me. I guess a lot of kids are, their thirst for learning is insatiable. With me, I just never stopped! As I grew older and became independent, it allowed me to get out into nature more and more, exploring the oceans, mountains and rainforests that I love so much. I never tire of finding new things, learning more about our amazing world and all the animals and plants that inhabit it.

Shawl formations - Jenolan Caves NSW Australia


As a result, I started learning skills that helped me to go further off the beaten track. The world became my playground. I learned to ski, I took up canyoning, caving, abseiling, rock-climbing, kayaking and SCUBA diving. The more I learned about how nature works the more I realised how little I knew. 

I’ve decided to write a blog, about nature, about what inspires me about the wilderness areas. I invite you to come along for the journey. I have no idea where we will end up, but then that's half the fun of adventure don't you think? 


What type of wilderness is your favourite?


2 comments:

  1. I love your photos, you are so talented! I'm looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete